I had a client tell me the other day that she’d been told to cut out fruit to lose weight, and she wasn’t even fructose intolerant. She was told it would detox her body from fructose. I’d say that’s correct, as well as probably make her fructose intolerant if she sustained the “no-fruit” diet. Because her body no longer knew how to handle fructose.
Anyway cut to the chase, and her results from this type of diet was (drum roll and you guessed it)… she hadn’t lost weight. Great, so not only did she avoid the great benefits, vitamins and minerals of fruit, but she also didn’t have a healthy sweet treat to resort too, and she didn’t lose weight.
Not sure about you, but I love fruit not just because it’s healthy, but they taste great. So why would I cut it out? It’s natural and has helped me and many of my clients lose weight too. When you build the right relationship with fruit and sugar within it, trust me, it helps. Once she learnt to eat fruit and incorporate it moderately in her eating plan she was able to lose 4 kilograms in the 21 days.
Having said that, apart from all the everyday fruits you may be used too and should consume, here are two unusual fruits that you can add to help you lose weight too.
1) Pomegranate for Weight loss and Disease Prevention
Pomegranate has been found to be a super fruit bearing shrub or a small tree that grows anywhere between five and eight meters tall. It’s considered to be one of the healthiest fruits in the world, with its vast array of vitamins and minerals. Pomegranate has many health benefits including helping people with weight loss because of it’s natural cleansing properties.
Pomegranate can also help to lower blood pressure, reduce dental plaque, and help to prevent cancer. It can also help lower LDL cholesterol (the bad cholesterol) and actually raises HDL cholesterol (the good kind). No wonder it’s been so popular with health junkies over the years and now been used in more and more recipes across the world.
It can help your weight loss efforts by preventing hardening of arteries, which are caused by a build up of plaque in the walls of blood vessels, causing high cholesterol. This can lead to blood vessels damage and decreased blood flow, which in turn can lead to heart attacks and strokes, which are classic symptoms of being overweight.
5 More Benefits of Pomegranate …
- Helps eliminate unwanted weight.
- Breaks up and removes harmful waste and toxins.
- Fights and fatigue and increase energy levels.
- Promotes healthier and younger looking skin.
- Highest concentration of antioxidants in pomegranate which help reversal of artery hardening.
Pomegranate juice has more antioxidants than blueberry and cranberry juices, green tea, red wine, and grape juice. All of which are jammed with these disease-fighting weight loss properties, so you can include them, in moderation to any healthy diet. Even if you’re trying to lose weight.
Pomegranate is obviously available in fruit and juice form, however eating the fruit itself is always more beneficial.
Pomegranate supplements have also been released to assist with weight loss and clean your body. To be honest, I don’t think having a tablet which is solely based on this fruit is really necessary. Throwing in a real pomegranate into your healthy eating plan on a regular basis is much more beneficial.
2) Grapefruit for Weight Loss – Does it Really Help?
Have you heard of the “grapefruit diet” before? Like many people you are probably wondering if grapefruit for losing weight actually works. Can a single food really provide the benefit of helping people shed the unwanted pounds?
The answer is yes, However that does’t mean that when you simply eat ONE grapefruit you will lose all your weight. These diets type of diets, generally advocating one type of food, will help you lose weight, but it is not really healthy and it’s temporary.
Never restrict yourself to eating grapefruit only. It will not provide you with the complete range of vital nutrients that you need for the daily functioning of your body.
Having said that, how does grapefruit help burn fat?
Grapefruit is high in enzymes that burn fats, has high water content and has less sodium. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fibre, grapefruit also detoxifies the body to help you lose weight. A combination of these three characteristics make grapefruit a perfect food for increasing your body’s metabolism.
Studies have shown that eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice control blood sugar (glucose) and have a positive effect on the body’s insulin levels. In this controlled study, overweight subjects were made to eat a grapefruit with each meal for 12 weeks. They lost an average of 1.6 kilograms more, compared to the non-grapefruit eaters in the study.
3 More Benefits of Grapefruits …
- Prevents Arthritis and Works as an Antiseptic. Grapefruit contains salicylic acid that helps break down the body’s inorganic calcium, which builds up in the cartilage of joints and may lead to arthritis.
- Grapefruit Helps in Cancer Prevention. An antioxidant compound, called naringenin, is also found in grapefruit. Naringenin helps repair damaged DNA in prostate cancer cells. DNA repair contributes to cancer prevention as it impedes the reproduction of cancer cells. Lycopene is a carotenoid pigment that is responsible for the red color of grapefruit. It is a powerful agent against tumors and cancers as it acts as a scavenger of cancer-causing free radicals. Lycopene works best with vitamins A and C, which are also found in grapefruit.
- Grapefruit Treats Common Ailments Eating grapefruit helps treat common cold and fever, dissolve gallstones, boost liver function and enhance immunity against infections. As grapefruit contains a dietary fiber called pectin, it thus promotes better digestion.
So, you can forget the grapefruit diet but be sure to incorporate some grapefruit in your daily or weekly eating plan. Understand that these 2 super-fruits are not the magic pill to weight loss. They are just a natural proven foods that help people with the vitamins and minerals to lowering their weight, change habits and provide the antioxidants the body needs in order to prevent illness.
Start getting the benefits of Pomegranate and Grapefruit for a weight loss in your healthy meal plans today.
Get Really Really Fit For Free
✓ Discover How to Overcome the 4 Simple Reasons People Struggle to Lose Weight.
✓ Start the 6 Week Really Really Fit Mindset Training Program (Video Training Included).
✓ Lose Your First 10kg With a Simple Weight Loss and Exercise Plan!
I'll Cut the Crap So You'll Lose The Fat - No Spam, No Fad Diets, No B.S!